The integration programme (inburgeren) teaches you how to participate appropriately in the Belgian society.
- Are you looking for work? You reflect on what you want and what you can do. You learn which services may be of assistance. You talk about what an employer in Belgium expects from you.
- Do you want to expand your network? You find out how to become a member of an association. You learn where you can do sports and meet Belgians. You meet other persons integrating (inburgeraars).
- Do you have children? You learn about childcare and schools in Belgium.
- Do you want to improve your Dutch? You can enrol in a Dutch language course. You can take part in activities to practice your Dutch.
- And so much more…
The integration programme (inburgeringsprogramma) includes:
- a Dutch language course (level 1.1 and level 1.2.)
- a course on life in Belgium (social orientation - Maatschappelijke Oriëntatie)
- personal counselling (trajectbegeleiding)
The integration programme is free of charge. You do have to pay for teaching materials (books for the Dutch language course). It will cost you a maximum of 42 euro per Dutch language course.
Did you successfully finish the integration programme?
Then you receive an integration certificate (inburgeringsattest). An integration certificate is an important piece of evidence for a future Belgian citizenship.
Did you already obtain your integration certificate?
Then the Dutch language courses (up to level 2.4) are free of charge. You do have to pay for teaching materials (books for the Dutch language course).
How can you combine social orientation classes with a Dutch language course?
An Atlas staff member discusses it with you.