A programme counsellor (trajectbegeleider) is assigned to you for the duration of your civic integration programme (inburgeringstraject).
What does your programme counsellor do?
- You have several meetings with your programme counsellor. You can also speak to your programme counsellor online.
- Your programme counsellor will guide you in a language that you can speak and understand.
- Together, you will discuss your aspirations (such as working, studying, meeting people). Together, you will also make both short-term and long-term plans.
- If you have questions about a certain topic or situation, you need to find the answer yourself. Your programme counsellor will coach you
Do you have questions about working?
- Your programme counsellor refers you to the proper authority:
- VDAB (Flemish public employment agency): VDAB provides intensive help in your search for a job. Don’t you have a job yet? Then you need to register. Read more at Pathway to work.
- Trade union: The trade union will assist you if you have a dispute with your employer. They will inform you on your rights and obligations as an employee.
- Did you already obtain a diploma in your country of origin? Would you like to have it validated in Belgium? Your programme counsellor will guide you through the procedure.
Beware! Atlas will not find you a job, but they will refer you to the appropriate services and courses.
Would you like to continue studying?
- Do you already speak some Dutch? Would you like to learn a profession?
An Atlas staff member guides you towards the appropriate course.
- Would you like to study at a university college or university in Belgium?
An Atlas staff member discusses your options with you.
Would you like to participate in life in Belgium?
- Your programme counsellor assists you in your search for a hobby, an association or voluntary work. This way you get better acquainted with Belgian society and its population. Read more on Sport and leisure.
- Together, you also look for a hobby for your child.